Create Your 19 for 2019!
This activity is fun, and easier than the Annual Review for goal planning. I made a list of all the things I could do to bring more joy and greater satisfaction to my life. I then ordered the list so that one-time items were at then top. Since some of these items are easier to complete, I will have the satisfaction of marking them done sooner. Here’s my 19 for 2019:
- Family meditation retreat in MN or CA
- New professional bag
- Complete an indoor triathlon
- Organize basement
- Donate Maya’s old toys
- Take a class with Maya
- Redecorate home office
- KonMari my clothes or get rid of one clothing item for every new item
- Take a girls trip
- Vacation in a new city
- Automate finances and reconcile weekly/monthly with Mint
- Simplify filing and file weekly
- Get another yoga mat and do yoga weekly
- Bike to office April-October weekly when temps above 40F
- Meet with at least 1 friend each month
- Go to a new restaurant or venue every month
- Quarterly museum or live theater visit
- Read 1 book for pleasure 1 for development each quarter
- Give 4 coaching talks
For some of these I did not set the bar very high because I really want this entire list to be achievable. My theme for the year is “Embrace” so there is an emphasis on relationships, enjoyable activities and simplifying.
I want to give credit to Gretchen Rubin for the idea of the “19 for 2019.” You can hear more about it on her Happier Podcast – Episode #203.
I’m wishing you a wonderful and satisfying 2019. Get in touch with me if you’d like some strategizing and accountability along the way!